Bookaby is an online booking platform owned by Bookaby Ltd, company number: 12379436
This document consists of the following sections:
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authority
1. What data do we collect?
Bookaby collects the following data that is identifiable to you:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address)
- The name of your organisation
- Information on the sessions/terms/events that you offer including dates, times, and location.
Bookaby also collects the following anonymous data which does not personally identify you, but allows us to track user preferences and experience:
- IP address
- Details of your activity on our website, tracking your page views including date/time and time spent on each page.
2. How do we collect your data?
The majority of data that Bookaby collects about you is provided by yourself when you:
- Create an account and register for our service
- Input your class/session timetables
- Contact us
- Make a payment
We collect data from you automatically when we retain information such as:
- Your IP address
- The number of times you visit the website
- The pages you visit, and the length of time you spend on the pages
We also work with organisations that provide services such as payment processing and website analytics, such as:
- Google Analytics
- Google Drive
3. How will we use your data?
Bookaby will use your data:
- To provide you with the booking service
- To process your payment
- To contact you about a request you have made
- To send you information about changes to our service or website
- To send you marketing information (if you have opted in)
- To comply with any legal obligation
- To get your feedback about our service
- To improve our service (data analysis, trouble shooting, research about user experience)
- To manage and monitor our website and service security and safety
We take your data privacy seriously and only use your data in limited, legal circumstances.
4. How do we store your data?
All data retained by the Bookaby system is stored and backed up in UK datacenters. Backups are retained for no longer than 28 days and are used only in data recovery situations.
Bookaby will keep your data while you continue to use the service. After two years of inactive use (no interaction with the system) we will inform you by email that we intend to close your account. If we do not hear otherwise, we will proceed to close your account permanently. This retention policy also applies to customer accounts, and after their account closure you will no longer be able to view their information.
Our Manager PWA uses a combination of Local Storage and IndexedDB technology to facilitate the operation of the system.
We use Local Storage mainly to persist state information required for the functioning of the application.
IndexedDB is used to store a local copy of data entities within the system. This includes but is not limited to Session data, Term data, Customer data and Order data. We have taken extensive measures to keep personal data safe by encrypting personally identifiable data within IndexedDB.
Bookaby would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think will enhance your experience and benefit your own organisation, but only when you have agreed to receive such information. If you want to opt out of this contact you are free to do so at any time by clicking an Unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails.
6. What are your Data Protection Rights?
Bookaby would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – you have the right to request Bookaby for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to request that Bookaby correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Bookaby to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request that Bookaby erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that Bookaby restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to Bookaby’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that Bookaby transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information.
- Google Drive
9. How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however, it might be that some of our website features may not function as a result.
10. Privacy policies of other websites
12. How to contact us
13. How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Bookaby has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office:
· Website: ico.org.uk
· Telephone: 03031231113
· Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF